Let me start this out by saying, I actually have NO problems with Fiverr. They serve a good niche and provide people who can't afford to invest much in their businesses somewhere to start.
Those clients are not my clients.
MY CLIENTS ARE:
1. Ready to invest in their businesses and in themselves
2. Understand the importance of having a brand that not only reflects them but, just as importantly, connects to their clients
3. Appreciate the unique value hiring someone to help build your brand and your business who understand the Birth/Wellness business. It is unlike any other industry, and can't be approached the same as every other business.
Time and time again, I have had doulas especially book a discovery session with me and when we talk about their branding and I find out they used Fiverr or a similar service, I hear the same things.
1. It doesn't reflect me/my business properly
2. I don't know if it appeals to my target market
3. It looks generic and like every other doula logo.
And this is why I will never be your budget option because often, when you choose cheap, you just can't get the same level of support that someone like myself can provide. So often, when a designer hears "doula" they either don't know what that is, or they do and know it has something to do with pregnancy and "hippy/crunchy" people do it, so the logos tend to all look the same - pregnant belly, a baby or flowers. And the same can be said for other wellness professionals too.
BUT we know that as professionals, we are all unique and we target different demographics.
Just like BIRTH - ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL DOULAS.
Samantha Gagnon is a marketing consultant specializing in health and wellness companies. She believes that in order to properly nurture a better business, we must shine the true heart behind that brand. Samantha lives in the Great Vancouver Area of BC, Canada.